Elephant Rent a Moto
Welcome to the privacy notice of Elephant Rent a Moto (referred from now on as “we” or “the company”) and our subsidiaries, affiliates and partners. This notice covers the personal information we collect, use and disclose through your use of our websites, mobile applications, products and services either online or offline (collectively, “services”). Elephant Rent a Moto (subsidiaries, affiliates and partners) inform you that we will collect, register and keep in an electronic or non-electronic file and in general processing Personal Data provided by you.
Many independent locations or franchises, which we refer to as “partners,” use our names but are not owned or controlled by us. This Privacy Notice does not apply to the processing of your personal information by these independent partners.
If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post the changes here. If we make a change that significantly affects your rights, we will notify you by a way of a prominent posting on our websites and in our Apps, prior to the change becoming effective.
By using any of our websites, apps, products or services, you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and use your personal information as described in this privacy notice.
We generally store your personal information in Greece. This Privacy Notice is intended to be governed by the laws of Greece and meet the laws and requirements of Greece.
The types of information we collect and how we collect them:
We collect information from customers or drivers during the process of reservation and rental transactions, such as name, address, driving license, email address, telephone number, credit card information etc.
We may collect information from you in multiple ways, including, but not limited to, phone calls, customer service contacts, websites and other sources (apps), including third party service providers and business partners.
We use “cookies” in our websites.
We collect Personal Data that you provide during the execution of our services, on our websites, on third-party websites, on applications that we use in order to provide our services, in connection with any inquiries, reservations, rentals or purchases you make in relation to our services. We may collect your Personal Data directly or through our service providers, our subsidiaries, business partners and booking channel providers. For further details, see below:
Types of information collected may include, but are not limited to:
- full name
- date and place of birth
- temporary address
- stay duration
- hotel name, room number and location
- email address
- mobile phone number
- passport number
- driving license or other
- ID card
- credit card information
- device ID
- IP address
- browser type
- operating system
- mobile device identifiers
- geo-location data
- state or country from which you accessed our websites
- specific webpages visited
- date and time of a visit
- websites you visited immediately before and after visiting our websites
- number of links and specific links you click within our websites
- functions you use on our websites
- any reservations, updates, purchases or other transactions through our websites
- data you view or download from our websites
- number of times you view any particular advertisements
- booking location
- rental location
- return location
- frequent flyer number
- payment card information
- additional driver data, if any
- insurance coverages
- extra preferences
- charges incurred
- instant location (in case of emergency)
- from our websites
- from websites of third-party partners
- from the website of our subsidiaries and affiliates
- from your internet browser
- from our official pages in third party social networks
- from calls to or from our reservation call center, customer service, emergency road-side assistance, customer contact or member care centers
- from interaction with our various partners, affiliates and subsidiaries, including vehicle sales and other businesses
- from in-person at rental locations or leasing contracts establishments
- in connection with a reservation (even an abandoned or interrupted reservation), a rental of a vehicle or equipment, or your purchase of a vehicle or equipment
- from reservations you make with us through licensees, travel agents or brokers, online or in-person
- from transactions you complete with us, our partners and agents, including options you take, charges you incur and any incidents or accidents that may occur
- from other companies that have business relationships with us, such as our affiliates and business partners, including airlines, hotels, and insurance companies
- from companies that provide credibility information
Social media, Cameras and Recording
We may collect photos and videos in some instances, such as when you choose to share them with us on social media, photos or videos for the safety of the rental or when we receive a notice of a traffic violation that includes a picture or video. Our rental locations may also be equipped with cameras and/or video security surveillance systems.
Cookies and Online Data Collection
Generally, our cookies may perform the following functions:
Some cookies are vital to the operation of our websites. Without them you will not be able to navigate in the web site and to use some of its features. The basic cookies allow smooth transition from page to page on the site and are absolutely necessary for its appropriate functioning.
We use performance cookies to analyze how our visitors use our websites and to monitor website performance. This allows us to provide a high-quality experience by customizing our offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information collected is aggregated and therefore anonymous and is only used to improve how our websites works.
Third Party Cookies:
Third party cookies are set by a different organization to Elephant Rent a Moto. For example, our websites may contain content embedded from, for example, YouTube, and banners delivered for Elephant Rent a Moto through an advertising partner’s network. These sites may set their own cookies which are beyond of our control.
Our vehicles may be equipped with technology that collects and transmits data from your rental vehicle. This may include information collected from event data recorders, global positioning devices or any other similar technology. This technology will enable us to collect and use information such as:
- precise location information
- collision information
- vehicle operation information, such as operational condition, mileage, tire pressure and fuel status, and other diagnostic and performance information
Once collected, this information may be combined with information you have provided to us and used to generate safety, performance and other similar information so that we can deliver better services.
Vehicle Data might be shared with emergency service providers, others who assist in responding to an accident, roadside service operators or those with whom we have a legal or contractual obligation to provide such data.
We use information about your location by linking personal information with location information of the rental vehicle you are using, primarily to locate our nearest rental location, send you location-based notifications (i.e., nearby special offers), arrival and return notifications, vehicle location, and upgrade availabilities. We also use information about your location for the same purposes we use your personal information, including to provide you with, and improve, relevant marketing or offers from us and our partners.
Accident Management Assistance services
In addition to the contact information, driving qualification, transactional and health information, when you contact us for accident management assistance purposes we will also collect:
- information related to details of accidents, including that of any third parties such as involved individuals, witnesses and police reports
- insurance details
- information about the incident to determine who is at fault
- vehicle details
- credit repair details
- details regarding your vehicle repair needs and your onward mobility needs
Below we have set out the various purposes for which we process your Personal Data. We have also set out the legal grounds for the processing of your Personal Data for each purpose:
Operations and Services:
We may use your Personal Data to provide you with the services or products you request from us and to perform other activities related to such services or products, including billing and collection following a rental, or to communicate with you regarding:
- any reservation you initiate or rental transaction you perform with us
- issues related to the safety, maintenance and insurance coverage of the vehicle that you rented from us
to perform our contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
With your consent, we may use your Personal Data to provide you with marketing information, customer satisfaction or services assessment surveys, special offers and promotions via various means, including e-mail, SMS or any other social media platform messages, in accordance with applicable law.
on the basis of your consent. However, where permitted by applicable law we may lawfully use your Personal Data to send you such marketing communications (including via email) for these marketing purposes where necessary for our legitimate interests, which include promoting our products and services, special offers and promotions which may be of interest to you.
We may also share your Personal Data with partners or other third parties that provides you with services, special offers or promotions that may be of interest to you.
on the basis of your consent. You may instruct us at any time not to share your Personal Data covered by this Policy with such Third-Party Providers where you have previously consented.
Normal Course of Business:
We may also process your Personal Data and other information if such processing is necessary:
- to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, law enforcement request, or other legal process.
- where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of us or others
- where necessary for our legitimate interests, which are to protect such interests, rights, safety and property; to enforce any terms of service on our websites or the terms and conditions of any rental, purchase, or utilization
- for our legitimate interests, which are to protect us and enforce such terms of service or terms and conditions
- for our and third parties’ legitimate interests to operate our systems properly
- for our legitimate interests, which are the proper running of our systems and our business in order to provide our products and services to you and other customers
If you use our websites, we may process your Personal Data as follows:
Aggregated or anonymized information: We may share with other third parties aggregate or anonymized information about our website users, such as your use of this website or other websites, and the services provided on this website or other websites, as well as any rental, purchase or utilization information.
If you participate in certain public features of our websites, apps, or social media websites/apps, please note that any information you or others voluntarily disclose through use of such features, becomes available to the public and/or other users whom you have designated.
If you choose to provide access credentials to designated individuals, please be aware that any information you provide to us may be visible to such individuals.
We are not responsible for the information that you or others choose to disclose publicly and such information is not subject to this Policy.
Links to third parties: We may provide links to third-party websites or may be linked to third-party websites. Since we do not control third-party sites, and we are not responsible for any information you may provide while on such sites, we encourage you to read the privacy policies on those websites before providing applicable third-parties with your information.
Data We Collect and Share with Third Parties
We also collect personal information about you from third parties, including information from third party travel booking channels; service providers, licensees, airlines, hotels, membership clubs, payment card companies, advertisers and other partners, from your social media services consistent with your information sharing settings on such services and from other third-party sources that are lawfully entitled to share your information with us.
We may collect certain Personal Data that constitutes sensitive data in some countries, such as (indicatively but not limited to):
- Data related to health conditions (for instance, if there is an accident and we need to work with insurance and claims management companies relating to any injury you may incur).
Our websites, Apps, products, and services are not for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you think we have received personal information from children under the age of 16, please contact us immediately.
We may retain your information for as long as you have an account with Elephant Rent a Moto as needed to provide you our services, or as otherwise necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the information was originally collected and any other legitimate business purpose, including, for legal, archival, accounting, and/or audit purposes. If you close your account or request, we provide you our services, we may retain your information because we have a legal, auditing or account obligations or it is in our archive system and cannot be separated from other information.
Your opt-out Choices*
You can unsubscribe from receiving such messages at any time by contacting us as well as by the unsubscribe link in each e-mail message. Please note that if you exercise these choices, you will continue to receive communications concerning your account and products and services you requested, and in response to any requests for information by you. Please also note that this unsubscribe process may take some time to complete, consistent with applicable law.
You have all the rights according the provisions of the law. Especially, you have the right to request access to, review, and update your Personal Data covered by this Policy, and can request this by contacting us. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such access requests, if allowed or required by applicable laws. If you are a member of one of our membership or rewards programs, you may update the information in your member profile by logging into your applicable member profile.
Among others, you also have the right to:
- request rectification of your Personal Data where the information that we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete
- object to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling to the extent it relates to direct marketing
- object to the processing of your Personal Data where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, subject to any overriding legitimate grounds that we may have for the processing
- object to automated decision making (including profiling) in certain circumstances
- request erasure of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it
- request restriction of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as that we do not process certain of your Personal Data (other than merely by storing them) following a rental in circumstances where all matters relating to the rental have been completed and the data is being stored only to meet certain legal (g. tax) requirements
- receive or ask us to transmit to another organization your Personal Data that you have provided to us which we process by automated means where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you
In addition, where we process your Personal Data on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You can make a request to us to exercise any of these rights by contacting us.
Exercising Your Rights
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request, which may require us to request additional personal information from you. We will only use personal information provided in connection with a Consumer Rights Request to review and comply with the request.
In certain circumstances, we may decline a request to exercise the rights described above, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity, if the rights of another individual might be violated or as otherwise permitted by law. If we are unable to comply with all or a portion of your request, we will explain the reasons for declining to comply with the request.